[Japan Times]

Royal Ballet promotion to principal 'like a dream' says Japan's Fumi Kaneko

London - Japanese dancer Fumi Kaneko has expressed joy over her recent promotion to principal dancer with the U.K.'s The Royal Ballet, saying it "feels like a dream."

"I am still surprised and it hasn't sunk in," said Kaneko, 29, in an interview Wednesday, after The Royal Ballet announced the previous day her promotion to principal - a top-ranking dancer who often plays a leading role.

Kaneko, who is set to appear as the principal in Christopher Wheeldon's "Within the Golden Hour" on Thursday, said she "couldn't believe it" and that she had cried tears of joy when told the news.
           ========
rest:
https://www.japantimes.co.jp/culture/2021/05/20/entertainment-news/kaneko-principal-ballet/
                     dan...@panix.com