[France 24]

Horse 'that makes race commentators cry' earns maiden win in Japan

Japanese horse racing fans celebrated and commentators cursed their luck after a filly named Sumomomomomomomomo claimed her maiden win.

The three-year-old made a dramatic late surge to claim victory at Tokyo's Oi racecourse on Monday, winning in the 12th race of her career.

The horse's unusual name has made her a social media phenomenon in Japan, with fans and TV personalities lining up to cheer her first victory.

"She finally won -- the horse with the name that makes race commentators cry!" wrote one Twitter user.

"I'm finally able to say it properly," wrote another
   ========
rest:
https://www.france24.com/en/live-news/20211102-horse-that-makes-race-commentators-cry-earns-maiden-win-in-japan

                     dan...@panix.com