[Oregon news]

Dave Frishberg, a legendary songwriter who called Portland
home, dies at 88

Dave Frishberg didn't look like what the public considers a star in the musical world. He was balding, slight and had a voice that would never be compared to Sinatra.

And yet the jazz songwriter had that intangible "it," the gift that separates flash in the pan artists from those who leave behind a body of work that stands the test of time.
Perhaps his widest audience knew him for his work that appeared on Saturday morning television as part of the animated series "Schoolhouse Rock."

The publisher's description of his book summed Frishberg up this way:

If you attended public school in the United States between 1973 and today, odds are you've heard Dave Frishberg's songs - just see if any of these "Schoolhouse Rock" classics ring a bell: "The Number Cruncher," "Seven Fifty Once a Week," "Dollars and Sense," "Walking on Wall Street," "Hardware" and, of course, the classic "I'm Just a Bill."
  ========
https://www.oregonlive.com/living/2021/11/dave-frishberg-a-legendary-songwriter-who-called-portland-home-dies-at-88.html

                     dan...@panix.com