The local channel here in flyover country just
had her for a promo interview,

Here's an earlier writeup:

[Variety]

 New Syndicated Series "iCrime With Elizabeth Vargas"
to Launch This Fall

"iCrime with Elizabeth Vargas," a new, nationally syndicated true crime show, will premiere September 12, Scott Sternberg Productions and Trifecta Entertainment and Media announced. The show will air in over 95% of the country and will be hosted by Emmy-award winning journalist Elizabeth Vargas ("20/20," "America's Most Wanted").

In 30-minute episodes airing Monday through Friday each week, the series will explore crime through the lens of smartphones. With clips of crimes captured on phone video and interviews between Vargas and victims, bystanders, law enforcement and the amateur photographers themselves, the show will explore the phenomenon of technology intersecting with crime.
       =====
https://variety.com/2022/tv/news/icrime-with-elizabeth-vargas-scott-sternberg-productions-1235286889/#!

and in looking this up, I found she's had a pretty
painful life:
https://www.nickiswift.com/375920/tragic-details-about-elizabeth-vargas/

                     dan...@panix.com