[bulwer-lytton.com]

2022 Grand Prize

I knew she was trouble the second she walked into my 24-hour deli, laundromat, and detective agency, and after dropping a load of unmentionables in one of the heavy-duty machines (a mistake that would soon turn deadly) she turned to me, asking for two things: find her missing husband and make her a salami on rye with spicy mustard, breaking into tears when I told her I couldn't help - I was fresh out of salami.
      =========
lots of other cringeworthy efforts at:

https://www.bulwer-lytton.com/2022

                     dan...@panix.com