Asian Marinated Rack of Lamb

Ingredients

  a.. 1 (8-ounce) jar hoisin sauce
  b.. 1/2 cup honey
  c.. 1/4 cup dark Asian sesame oil
  d.. 1/4 cup dry sherry
  e.. 1/4 cup sesame seeds
  f.. 1/4 cup Asian fermented black beans, rinsed (optional)
  g.. 2 teaspoons orange zest
  h.. 1 teaspoon curry powder
  i.. 2 racks of lamb (16 chops total), frenched and trimmed

Directions

For the marinade, combine and blend in a food processor the hoisin sauce,
honey, sesame
oil, sherry, sesame seeds, black beans, orange zest and curry powder. Pour the
marinade
over the lamb in a large pan and marinate for several hours or overnight (up to
24 hours
if desired). Pour off the marinade. Allow the meat to come to room temperature
while you
heat the oven to 450 degrees.

Roast the lamb about 30 minutes, or until a meat thermometer registers between
140 and145
degrees for medium rare.

To serve: Carve rack into individual chops. Serve 2 chops per person.

Note: I find the best lamb at Sam's Club in Jackson.

If you wish to use a prepared marinade, I recommend Longleaf Kitchen's Black
Fig
Vinaigrette for a similar taste.

These carrots are tenderly dressed with champagne and dill. The veggies will
add a touch
of color to the plate and Easter is not Easter without eating carrots in honor
of Peter
Rabbit.

http://www.worldfamousrecipes.com/
http://www.recipesrecipe.com/