I hope that everyone is enjoying all of these Paula
Deen recipes that I have been sending out.  I got them
all from a Paula Deen group that I used to belong to.
Enjoy!!!

Carrot Cake
Recipe By: Paula Deen with Martha Nesbit
Serving Size: 16

2 cups granulated sugar
1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
4 eggs
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups shredded carrots -- about 4 medium carrots
1/4 cup walnuts -- chopped

--Icing--
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter -- softened
3 cups confectioners' sugar
1 package cream cheese -- softened
1/4 cup walnuts -- chopped

Preheat the oven to 350ºF.  Spray a 13 by 9-inch
baking pan with vegetable oil cooking spray and that
with flour.

In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine the sugar,
oil, and eggs.  Mix at medium speed until smooth.

Stir together the flour, cinnamon, baking powder,
baking soda, and salt.  Add the flour mixture to the
egg mixture and combine at low speed until smooth.
With a spoon, stir in the carrots and walnuts.

Place the batter in the prepared pan and place on the
middle rack in the oven.  Bake for 30 minutes or until
a toothpick inserted in the cake comes out clean and
the top of the cake springs back when touched.  When
the cake is done, remove from the oven and allow to
cool on the countertop for 15 minutes before icing.

To make the icing; Beat the butter, sugar and cream
cheese in a medium bowl until smooth.  Stir in the
walnuts.  Ice the cake when it is warm, not hot; this
improves the icing's spreadability.......  the icing
will firm up in the refrigerator.  keep the cake cold
until ready to serve.

Source: "Paula Deen Celebrates! pg 81"
Copyright:"2006"

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 410 Calories;
27g Fat (58.1% calories from fat); 4g Protein; 39g
Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 61mg Cholesterol;
404mg Sodium.  Exchanges: 1 Grain(Starch); 1/2 Lean
Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 5 Fat; 1 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.

Looking for last minute shopping deals?
Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.