Pendl Stefan wrote:
Hi all,
What is the best way to thes updates to the already deployed packages?
We have quite few packages at the top level of profiles hierarchy
(covering nearly all of the machines).
Remving package from there and putting it in the test profile
would be
disasterous. What i have been doing so far is: make a copy of
a package,
  change package id, apply, upgrade the revision and appropriate
install/upgrade/remove tags, apply - if all is well copy the
package to
its original file and package id. Is there a more efficient
way to do this?

May thanks

Luk

Luk,
        I have a duplicate of the WPKG server folder for a small number of
testing machines.
I have created virtual machines using Virtual Box from Sun, which you can use
for free.

I am keeping both WPKG installations in sync with WinMerge from Sourceforge.net

---
Stefan

Thx a lot, this is exactly what i was looking for

Regards

Luk