Dear Dieter,

I address a similar situation by checking for the existence of this by wrapping
the call to wpkg.js with a check for a line that my slightly-automated
configuration file creator writes as the final line  ( <!-- END OF FILE --> )
If this isn't in the package, hosts and profiles xml, then WPKG isn't called.
This saves you (99.9%) from partially written config files, but not from the 'I
deleted all assigned software by accident'.

Part of the batch file:

findstr /R /C:"^<.-- END OF FILE -->$" "%WPKGROOT%\Release2\profiles\50
autoprof-phy.xml" > nul
IF NOT %ERRORLEVEL% == 0 GOTO broken_config

and so on.

Cheers,

Mark

--

The contents of this e-mail may be privileged and are confidential. It may not
be disclosed by, or used, or copied in any way by anyone other than the