Major browsers seem to deal correctly with basicConstraints. iOS and MacOSX
don't handle NameConstraints, Mozilla used to apply them to SAN only.

For software stacks, OpenSSL handles BC well, I haven't checked about NC
but it should be OK.
GNUtls correctly handles BC since version 3.1.3, don't know if the patch
has been backported to 3.0 and 2.6; it can't handle NC at all. GNUtls is
widely used on Debian/Ubuntu.
Java needs some testing.
NSS is fine.

Lesser used stacks. PolarSSL doesn't check NC, and based on my readings of
the source code, BC support is incomplete. Don't know about other stacks.