From: Stephen Kent [mailto:k...@bbn.com]
Sent: Monday, October 07, 2013 9:47 AM
To: b...@digicert.com
Cc: 'Chris Palmer'; 'IƱigo Barreira'; Bruce Morton; wpkops@ietf.org; 'Karen
O'Donoghue'
Subject: Re: [wpkops] ID on Trust model

Ben,
> What about this?
>
> Key store - an application's collection of keys and certificates that may
> also identify the purposes for which they may be used, including the root
> certificate and associated public key that the application may use as a trust
> anchor.
A trust anchor is defined as a public key and optional, associated data, so the
definition above is not quite right. I suggest removing all use of the term
"root"
in this doc, to
avoid confusion.
> Key store governance policy - the policy adopted by a key store manager that
> sets forth rules governing the key store, including requirements for root CAs
> and subordinate components and entities, such as keys, certificates,
> subordinate CAs, and registration  authorities.
again, kill "root CA" and replace it with "trust anchor."
> Root CA - a CA with a self-signed certificate and whose public key is
> included as a trust anchor in a key store.
see comments above re the problem with this definition.

Steve