I'm very interested in Namecoin, and the generic idea of squaring Zooko's
triangle, and I have to admit of all the proposals I've seen you make a
fantastic looking website - but I don't think you understand the goal of
this working group.  We're not trying to replace the PKI as it exists on
the internet today.  There are other working groups for that discussion.
 We are trying to document how it _works today_, as defined in the charter:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/wg/wpkops/charter/

The use of embedded, unupgradable, and slowly upgraded devices mean that no
matter what, we're going to wind up with the current model we have for a
long period into the future.  Documenting and codifying the sharp edges we
have to deal with will help us deal with these devices going forward, even
as we work in tandem for more revolutionary ideas.

-tom