Amazing.  I can just see a moth radio.  It'd be like the ant radio i
discovered i had once, fulla ants.  or was that the toaster?

John

At 04:57 PM 5/10/2005 -0400, you wrote:
Ok this is stranger. Yesterday I purchased - from a bookshop that should
have known better - a first edition book by the naturalist Edwin Way
Teale. It was all of $5. When I opened it, I found an original signed
letter by Teale - about moth radio! It was assumed by some (not Teale)
that moths might communicate by radio - hence the odd antennae. This was
in the late 40s early 50s. The book is Near Horizons: Story of an Insect
Garden. I'm taking it out to CA with me; will do something related to moth
radio and VLF I'm sure...

- Alan