I would love to talk with your father. I'm hoping to meet someone in
California in the physics department who will work with me on this stuff;
I'm inadequate.

Re monotheism - the point wasn't the list of human demarcations, but the
presence of individuals who are originators. Islam's Mohammed is a clear
example, as is Jesus. In both cases, historical time dates from them.
That's the point I'm making. And that time moves both forward and back-
wards from them - as opposed to the time, say, of Judaism which goes back
to an 'origin' of the world - there's no negative time, i.e. the origin
was the creation of the world. With Jesus, time is both before and after,
and as such, the year 0 is defined and thereby AD and BC, or CE, and BCE,
however one wants to define it. And with this zero-point, there's a
temporal collapse in the sense that the origin defined is an Origin, i.e.
critical point. Time, which is generally continuous and appears cyclical,
has this _moment_ from which it ascends and descends.

I'm not sure what sorts of chronology other cultures reference in general.
In Japan, it's emperor's reigns (traditionally), and these enumerated in
terms of year, i.e. year 3 of the Meiji period. (I forget the complexity.)
In Rome I think it was similar? I'm not sure. I'm reading a book, The
Manuals of Buddhism by Ledi Sayadaw, published in Bangkok; the date reads
2521/1978. This might relate to the birth of the Buddha? I'm not sure -

- Alan