---------- Forwarded message ----------

Launch of the Fibreculture Journal - Issue 4 (2005)
(http://journal.fibreculture.org/issue4/index.html)

The Fibreculture Journal team (http://journal.fibreculture.org) has now put
issue 4 - Contagion and the Diseases of Information - online.

We are very pleased to announce that FCJ's Issue 4 is our first guest edited
issue - edited by Andrew Goffey. It contains articles by the  following
authors:

Eugene Thacker - "Living Dead Networks"
Jussi Parikka - "Digital Monsters, Binary Aliens ­ Computer Viruses,
Capitalism and the Flow of Information"
Roberta Buiani - "Marginal Networks: The Virus between Complexity and
Suppression"
Stamatia Portanova - "Rhythmic Parasites: A Virological Analysis of Sound
and Dance"

The Fibreculture Journal is the online journal of the Fibreculture network
of critical Internet research and culture in Australasia. It has grown out
of the 'fibreculture' online mailing list that started in  2001
(http://www.fibreculture.org). Dedicated to critical discussion of  the
Internet and new media in relation to IT policy, networked culture, new
media education and arts in an Australasian context, the list now has over
750 subscribers.

The Fibreculture Journal is a peer reviewed, scholarly publication that
extends the research and theoretical discussion of the list culture.  The
journal encourages transdisciplinary approaches to thinking about new media
and networked knowledge and practices and seeks to foster  experimental and
dissident intellectual endeavours.

During the next year the journal is publishing issues concerning:

Multitudes, Creative Organisation, and the Precarious Condition of
New Media Labour
Mobility, New Social Intensities, and the Coordinates of Digital
Networks
Distributed Aesthetics
Games Networks
New Pedagodies for New Media

Thanks to everyone involved in the Contagion issue - especially Andrew
Goffey, our guest editor, and Lisa Gye who manages the journal, designs the
site, and keeps things running smoothly, the rest of the hard working
editorial committee (Anna Munster, Gillian Fuller, Esther Milne, Ingrid
Richardson, Ned Rossiter, Lisa Gye), all the referees who have given their
time and expertise, the editorial board for their support, myspinach.org for
their ongoing support of Fibreculture, and, last but not least, the authors
who have provided us with such excellent material.

Andrew Murphie

--
"I thought I had reached port; but I seemed to be cast
back again into the open sea" (Deleuze and Guattari, after Leibniz)

Dr Andrew Murphie - Senior Lecturer
School of Media, Film and Theatre, University of New South Wales, Sydney,
Australia, 2052
web: http://media.arts.unsw.edu.au/andrewmurphie/
fax:612 93856812 tlf:612 93855548 email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
room 311H, Webster Building
Executive Editor; the Fibreculture Journal
(http://journal.fibreculture.org/)