New from Xexoxial Editions—

http://xexoxial.org/new_releases/xam.html

XAM by Ann Bogle

with Lithokons by mIEKAL aND

2005, 28 pages, 8.5x11, b&w $6, color $20. Postage included.
Free pdf ebook.
ISBN 0-9770094-1-0 | ISBN 978-0-9770049-1-1

When I wrote XAM: Paragraph Series in 1998, I was in those cities and locations cited in these passages. I see the pieces as related prose poems. A prose poem, as I have practiced it, is two pages or fewer in length and uses language, rather than temporal events, as the first given. Glimpses of action, person (not as in fiction, “character”), and scene may also appear in them. Prose poems are less calculating than fiction and less tightly crafted than a short story or short poem; they are less pre-meditated. Perhaps they are more rhythmic.

—Ann Bogle

from XAM:

The “letter for today” are 26 with unmarked umlauts and accents, the Minnesota diphthongs we mock while mocking ourselves for talking Texas. Fringe. The letter for today was “f.” Freezing, friggin’ frigid temperatures. Mittens, hat. Long “a,” sideways: “a”-squat. The letter for yesterday was “s,”often mistaken for “f” on the telephone, out of context: “f” as in “Frank” because one would not say “srank”; “s” as in “Sam” because there is no such thing as “fam.” We took the fam to the zoo. We forgot to eat this morning, so we were all fam. Frank Sinatra was the most fam of all the lounge singers (in a big way). One would not say, “We took the Sam to the zoo,” or, “We forgot to eat this morning, so we were all Sam.” One would not say, “Frank Sinatra was the most Sam of all the lounge singers (in a big way).”

Xexoxial Editions
10375 Cty Hway A
LaFarge,WI 54639

[EMAIL PROTECTED]