OK, this a 3D poem generator, you've seen it before, but I was updating some
old files and I got some new ideas. I'd like your opinion. I can make this
fairly sophisticated, but if it is useless, I'd like to know why.

(I'm crossing Jessica on this because she is a language scholar.)

Basically, this app will allow you to intertwine strings of text in a
3DSpace. The 3DSpace in which the text is written can be a static world - a
panorama - which doesn't change. You Lanny, created half the panoramas I'm
using for testing, using SkyBox. But a true 3D world can be created for the
text to live in. (like a real 3D world, as in a game like Doom3 or
Half-Life2).

This can be done using 3DSMAX or Maya or any similar app, but this app is
designed to be used by holographic poets, and is much easier to use, because
only poetry/prose options are available. This app will make it quick and
easy to design a 3D document.

What is a 3D Document? It's like a 2D Document, except you can rotate it,
and it exists in a volume rather than on a plane. Imagine a huge sphere
rather than a flat piece of paper. Say you begin to compose a poem at the
center of sphere, on a flat plane, then you want your next line to be behind
the first line. OK, translate the line -10 or so in Z, easy. But now you
want some text 90degrees to the plane of the paper. Can't do that in MSWord.
So you create a cube of text, one passage one each face of the cube. You can
have multiple cubes, each inside of each other, or displaced from each
other. Like say you have 3 cubes of text. You can place them side by side
like 3 monkeys, or one inside the other. My demo software already does this.

But suppose you want a cylindrical poem? Or suppose you want a scattered
field of spherical text, like a starfield of text? Suppose you want to use
pictures in your poem? Suppose you want to want to write the text on the
geometry spirally, or vertically, or horizontally (horizontal L to R is the
default). My software can to do this with one click of a button.

Suppose you want to write text upon a Platonic Solid? Or any other arbitrary
geometry. It can be done, but I haven't one it yet.

Now for a new thing. As you know, I spent 3 or more years working on 3D
text. So the characters in our words can be 3D. Also, our words can undulate
in space, like snakes moving.

Well, tell me what you think. Should I write this app? OH, I forgot one
thing, pictures, effects, 3DObjects can be included in the poem. But can
anyone write a poem with such a tool?

Before you answer, let me give you a simple example of a poem written with
this tool.

A Sun explodes and "The End" appears fixed on the screen as the sun falls in
pieces out of the screen. Then the words "The End" turn into a magnet,
drawing the lost parts of the dead sun back. And the words change to "0",
then to a new sun. But that is using the animation functions.

I'm so sorry for all the nonsense I write, but I have looked back (at my
sketches) and discovered that I produce an equal measure of good and bad.
The bad stuff is very embarrassing, but the good stuff is as equally good. I
don't know what to think of this. Of course I destroy all the bad stuff, but
when I take a another go at producing a new Understanding, it works the same
way.

And I feel shamed and famed.