The High School boys. They wear those here too. they call them dusters. well
perhaps there is a finer distinction..
A true duster is canvas i think. A bit alarming because that was the style of
the kids who did the famous school
shooting here in oregon. but its inevitable i suppose, as is everything..
Virilio talks about a 'black party'
which isn't anything racial, but people who are radical activists for death..
basically a political organization
based on radical depopulation theories..the party of serial murder.. I'm sure
Thomas DeQuincey wouldve
found that interesting as i certainly did. the urban planner as philosopher as
prophet in the old Orwellian mode..
They come with leather dusters & skull armbands in the night.. rousting us from
our dotty dreams of warm porridge
and googlevision.. :)

on a perhaps lighter note

I just watched  The System (1964) aka The Girl Getters
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0060461/
which must've been filmed somewhere along there.. Is it really warm enough to
swim?
There's some ruins in the film but I can't figure out where it was filmed.
Somewhere
near Brighton? The next year Oliver Reed would play Bill Sikes in the Oscar
winner Oliver.
Really enjoyed seeing John Alderton, and a young David Hemmings in this
as well as good old Ollie R. Though I like "These are the Damned" much better
because..
It's got art, and sci-fi and apocalypse..

Next up is The Girl on a Motocycle (1968) which is really almost the exact
opposite film
in someways.. similiar nonetheless anyway.. Madame Bovary in leather?
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0063013/  I wouldve been 1yr old when that came out.
But I've seen too many tired french gangster flicks with Alain Delon.. Purple
Noon best thing
he ever did..

Thanks for this piece. always enjoy a cinematic peek at old Mother Albion..

lq