a + b - t

Some excellent wallpaper sized jpgs at the NP.
The link below is to their Arnold Böcklin (1827 - 1901)
section which has the marvelous Playing in the Waves
1883 (pictured above) which has to be one of my favorites.
It is sad but true that Adolf Hitler was a fan as well
and owned 11 of them. I am beginning to mull around
the idea of book or series dealing with AB.
Some extraordinary scholarship on him in the
Comic Grotesque book I noted earlier, an approach
to all the misunderstanding associated with this
figure.
http://www.neuegalerie.org/designshop/BOOKSTORE26/bookstore26main.html

Neue Pinakothek [Sammlung - Künstler]
http://www.pinakothek.de/neue-pinakothek/sammlung/kuenstler/kuenstler_inc_en.php?inc=kuenstler&which=327