ANNOUNCING "When I Met You" A new CD of songs arranged and performed by Elya
Finn with lyrics by poet Michael Rothenberg. Check it out at CDBABY.COM:
http://cdbaby.com/cd/elyafinn2

"Elya's CD is fabulous -- all her songs sound like Weimar Lenya & postwar
Nico, lushly affirmative at the same time being edged w/ cosmic
weltschmertz. An immensely tasty production." --David Meltzer

"A perfect and balanced vehicle for poet Michael Rothenberg and singer and
composer Elya Finn. Congratulations to them both for this terrific CD!"
--Joanne Kyger

"Thrilling this CD. Brecht/Weill of course come to mind, but also the
wonderful cabaret songs of Arnold Weinstein & Bill Bolcom on BLACK
MAX." --Bill Berkson

"This album features soft rock with overtones of jazz and Kurt Weill.
Michael Rothenberg's lyrics are the most intelligent lyrics I've heard in
years. Elya Finn, a skilled and sensitive vocalist, renders them with
tenderness and passion. Highly recommended!" --Vernon Frazer

"Lovely dark, smoky and shadowy jazzy female pop that creeps and slithers,
wrapping itself around rich piano harmonies, shuffley drums and a noir-ish
strut. Drumming up mischief and mystery wherever she can, Elya Finn gives up
her breathy alto voice to these songs of intrigue and hidden agendas. Jazz
meets noir, folk meets pop, dark cabaret meets whispering lullabies. A
beautifully mysterious album." --CD BABY