Bob, These are unique and make me want to do some haiku again!

One of the connections people rarely get with fecal references is to painting
and the primal creative urge.. or maybe they always get that and I'm just being
an asshole.. I don't know.. [Goooda Niiight, a dung dung dung..]

you get some pretty interesting pages when you google Lacan + shit + painting..

Marc Quinn did a series of Shit Paintings not too long ago and there's the
classic
Piero Manzoni piece where he canned his shit and sold it..

there's also the deleuzian run in with the formula shit=money:

Although Hardt and Negri identify the interactive work of symbolic analysis
and problem solving as another species of immaterial labour (separate from
both the labour of industrial production and affective labour), the
analysis of money laundering begs a direct confrontation with the question
of biopower. Not only does such financial subterfuge push capitalism toward
a limit where its deterritorializing tendencies begin to overpower it, but
also, as the psychoanalytic formula shit=money suggests, money's relation
to cleanliness and value cannot be thought in separation from affect and
corporeality.

To imagine the possibility of cleaning money is to question this
psychoanalytic commonplace--to contest the organic model of the body as a
system of inclusion and exclusion, and the correlate anthropological
orthodoxy of purity and danger. If, as queer theorists have argued, such a
corporeal politics informs policing measures that aim to protect the male
heterosexual body from a series of perceived threats, the business of money
laundering also has concrete effects upon the plane of biopower. Just as
the launderer's practice disrupts the mapping systems of financial
regulators and law enforcement agencies, so money laundering practices
question the Freudian mapping of the body as a unified, organic entity.
Little wonder that Deleuze and Guattari seal their argument for the Oedipal
limiting of capitalism by contesting the dictum shit=money.

In the context of global finance, however, there are dangers in accepting
the argument that deterritorialisation points to a transcendence of
inherited borders and assumed divides, whether at the scale of the body or
of the globe. Spivak (1987) worries that Deleuze and Guattari's description
of capitalism as the body-without-organs conceals 'a last-ditch
metaphysical longing'.17 Similar concerns inhabit more empirical
geographical studies of the world financial system--for example, Andrew
Leyshon and Nigel Thrift's Money/Space.18 In a more recent piece, Spivak
contends that 'Deleuze and Guattari's fantastic insight, that capital was

the abstract as such and capitalism codes it--is no longer sufficient.'19
'Finance capital,' she asserts, 'cannot operate without interruption by the
empirical'.20 Here, the empirical stands for indigenous/rural land and the
embodied female subject, while interruption is named as 'the "irony" of the
main text of global regularisation
the systematic undoing, in other
words, of the abstract'.

uh, ok, whatever..

http://artscenecal.com/ArticlesFile/Archive/Articles2005/Articles1205/MCutajar1205.html

One image that sticks in my mind is from a biography I read of an old Yakuza
boss,
who described a job whose job-title was "Night-soil man" which was essentially
a sanitation official who went around in a buggy and picked up the chamber pots.

I was at a party of some local theatre people here one time, and this girl's
kitten had
died, and she took it to be cremated at the pound or whatever, and they gave her
a tape to console her. The tape was very odd. It talked about her cat travelling
the rainbow bridge to Valhalla. I have no idea how Asatru got into our animal
control system, but these theatre people did an impromptu skit involving kitten
death, asatru and Night Soil Man that had me laughing so hard I nearly you know
what myself.. There was a good deal of wine, but I can't remember laughing so
hard
at these extrememly talented folks really just putting Monty Python to shame
or at least it seemed so in the glow of the evening..

so i guess that's my Rimbaudian garland between the japanese haiku and shit,
and painting, and whatever,
the primal urge to paint, or express
but as I recall there are some fecal haiku in basho and issa etc,
Goooda Niiight, a dung dung dung:

From a reading of Basho, Issa and other haiku poets in Japan and elsewhere,
it is clear that they had moments of heightened awareness that included
excrement and urine and wrote of them:

Fleas, lice,
The horse pissing
Near my pillow