Maria Damon wrote:

this is exactly the MN mindset. folks who use a lot of words are villainous. when i went to see the k branagh/e thompson film of Much Ado About Nothing here in MN i had a v funny experience. Keanu Reeves's first lines are "Sire, I am a man of few words." You could feel the audience warming up to him immediately and the ensuing confusion when he turned out to be the bad guy.

Maria, that's a great story. every once in a while I realize how New English I am, stuck in it like Ethan Frome. definite whoa moments. not that there's a cure...