Someone years and years ago wrote an article on my work for Artforum titled "Beyond Reductionism." So this resonates.

What I wonder, naively - can the terms themselves be deconstructed? I'm not sure what 'vitalism' means at this point since I'm not sure what 'life' means. These terms seem so strange to me. The same might be said for reductionism. In light of quantum mechanics, all of this gets a bit messed. Because of my own interest I tend to relate vitalism to the analogic, reductionism to the digital. But this is operable so much on the metaphoric.

I go back and forth btw on the relation of qt to memory and consciousness. One question I've had - when I've had a catscan or MRI, both of which as you know have enormous magnetic fields, I've done various memory tests - and found no difference within and without the field. Which leads me to wonder if a quantum model holds at all since I'd assume the fields would have a quantum effect.

- Alan