i guess the main problem with learning, memory, knowledge is
one-directed relations
you're at A and have a problem, then you solve it somehow and get to
B, all is well
so what's the relation we learn? that 'A leads to B'? no, it's rather
that 'B comes from A', which is different. we confuse 'if A then B'
with 'if B then A'.
if the fish dies then i will die. if i die then the fish will die.
i don't know about that. it's possible the mind doesn't care about
directions, AB=BA. surely, that must be wrong.
anyway, if i'm in A again with some problem i still haven't learned
how to get to B, the only thing i learn is that when i am in B i came
from A because that's what i stored by some logical mistake. it's
common and maybe hardcoded - if it rains it gets wet; it is wet so it
has rained (which is the error)
i don't know how to fix this. what we have is always B and it's too
late. it's a scientific problem. when i was five or something i wanted
to check the hypothesis that the heart stopped beating at night, based
on the idea that sleep was a kind of death. i didn't realize that to
check the heartbeat i already had to be awake. we also have to learn
that something is impossible.
how did i get here? the heart can't understand it. maybe call it
passive logic. if you are somewhere you came from somewhere. head
logic is that you're going somewhere. the AB confusion is that going
is stored as coming, which is true in a relative way, but useless. i
come from A, well that won't help you. it's like a child lost in the
streets. maybe 'B comes from A' turning into 'A leads to B' is
learning. how can it 'turn into' literally? maybe just a loop A -> B
-> A, if you go B->A enough times you will have to go A->B also, we
learn by our mistakes so to say, as a rule.