SAVE THE MANATEE CLUB
PADDLE TALES E-NEWSLETTER

IN THIS ISSUE:
-2006 Deadliest Year on Record
-Ask FWC To Revisit Manatee Reclassification
-Meet Floyd: Still Going Strong
-Two Couples With Heart
-Add A Manatee Banner To Your Space
-Twins Sighted Near Homosassa
-Manatee Romance Statue

Click below to see a great manatee photo by Walker Stanberry:
http://www.savethemanatee.org/E-Newsletter/Images_2-07/photo_stanberry_1-07.htm

2006 DEADLIEST YEAR ON RECORD FOR MANATEES
The year 2006 is on record as being the deadliest one ever
documented for manatees. In January, biologists with the Florida
Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission released manatee mortality
data that showed 416 manatees died in state waters last year. READ MORE >>
http://www.savethemanatee.org/news_feature_2006_mortality.htm

ASK FWC TO REVISIT MANATEE RECLASSIFICATION
Please take a couple of minutes and send a quick and easy online
letter to Florida Governor Charlie Crist. Governor Crist took
office in January 2007 and has the power to influence the FWC's
decision to prematurely downlist manatees by asking them to revisit
this important issue. Go >> http://www.savethemanatee.org/actionalert.cfm?id=13

MEET FLOYD: STILL GOING STRONG AFTER ALL THESE YEARS
Take a look at Floyd and try to guess how old he is. True, he looks
youthful, but Floyd is actually approaching manatee middle age. We
know this because he was just a few months old when his mother
brought him to Blue Spring State Park for the winter.
READ MORE >> http://www.savethemanatee.org/Manatee_Feature/floyd.html

TWO COUPLES WITH HEART
Valentine's Day is coming up soon, and for some people, nothing says
love more than manatees. Carolyn and Andrew Krentz and Kristen and
Tom Ort are two couples who have big hearts when it comes to our
favorite endangered species. READ MORE >>
http://www.savethemanatee.org/member_krentz_ort.htm

ADD A MANATEE BANNER TO YOUR SPACE
Tell the world about your adopted manatee! Show your support by
adding a free manatee banner to your web site, MySpace profile,
blog, online diary, or journal. GO >>
http://www.savethemanatee.org/cs_banner.html

TWINS SIGHTED NEAR HOMOSASSA
At the end of December, Joanne Tuxbury photographed a rare event
in Florida. A female manatee made an appearance near Homosassa
Springs Wildlife State Park, and she brought her twin calves along
with her. GO >> http://www.savethemanatee.org/news_feature_twins_06.htm

FEATURED GIFT: MANATEE ROMANCE STATUE
A great Valentine's Day gift for the manatee lover in your life. Two
manatees snuggle close together and "Love Me" reads the heart-shaped
sign they carry. $15.95. BUY NOW >> (Go to Home & Office)
http://www.savethemanatee.org/manateegifts.htm

SEND US YOUR QUESTION ABOUT MANATEES!
If we choose it for the next Paddle Tales E-newsletter, we'll send you a
FREE Manatee Romance statue. Send to [EMAIL PROTECTED] and
be sure to include your name and regular mailing address.
send an email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] To change your email
address, please send an email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Sign up for our Email Action Alert Team!
Go to http://www.savethemanatee.org/action.htm

Our postal address is
500 N. Maitland Ave.
Maitland, Florida 32751
United States

ABOUT SMC
Save the Manatee Club is a nonprofit organization founded in 1981
by former Florida governor and U.S. senator Bob Graham and
singer/songwriter Jimmy Buffett. To learn more about manatees and
our work, go to http://www.savethemanatee.org

JOIN US!
Adopt-A-Manatee and join Save the Manatee Club. Your
contribution will support our work to help protect endangered
manatees and their habitat. For more information, go to
http://www.savethemanatee.org/adoptpag.htm

PASS IT ALONG
Help spread the word about manatees! Please forward this e-newsletter
to your family and friends. If you got this message
from a friend, sign up to receive our Paddle Tales E-Newsletter
at http://www.savethemanatee.org/enews_signup.htm

QUESTIONS?
You can get more manatee news, information, and special features
by visiting our web site at http://www.savethemanatee.org  If you have
additional questions, email us at [EMAIL PROTECTED]