From: P!^VP 0!Z!^VP
To: WRYTING-L@LISTSERV.WVU.EDU
Sent: Wednesday, February 07, 2007 1:47 PM
Subject: Re: russian birchbark library

Reminds me of fasting 3 days in June 1990... at the tip of Japan (45N Rishiri Island) in solidarity with Bruno Manser (46N in the Swiss Alps) and Reinhard Reitzenstein(44N at Niagara Falls), consciously passing the Sun (visa rise/set timetable) to one another and we each created 'artworks' in unisong WITH the Sun. I burned a message with a magnifying glass on a piece of Birchbark, that I later snail-mailed to my Ojibway Elder/Guide who was also aware of our action/work/timetable. From the shore where I was in Rishiri, I could see in the distance, Russia. The Kuril Islands I mean.. maybe not Russia, afterall.

I got to see the birchbark post card again.... when I next visited Toronto.

Thanks for the Mammary Lanny.

D^
P!^VP