I am pleased to announce the first of what will be a quarterly round of new
books from Otoliths ; & I'm extremely pleased that the four books in this
initial launch are wonderful offerings by four exceptional poets.

  Rather than drool with unadulterated joy any further, I'll just point you to
the Otoliths shopfront — http://www.lulu.com/l_m_young — where you can also
find other books & chapbooks plus print versions of the magazine, & would
suggest to U.S. residents that, rather than use couriers, they select the USPS
Media Mail default as the means of delivery since it's economical &, from our
experience, efficient.

  The individual webpages for each of the books is given below.

  Nico Vassilakis: DIPTYCHS
  60 pages, full colour
  $15.00
  webpage: http://www.lulu.com/content/670787

  "The individual pieces in this book are tiny visual poems that examine the
materiality of visible language and find beauty by looking at that language
from unexpected vantage points. Nico has created each of these poems through a
sequence of steps that included capturing video of text, editing and modifying
that video (which included changing the color), capturing screenshots of the
video, and cutting and putting these final pieces together in little diptychs
consisting of one rectangle of prepared text atop another. To some degree, the
results are the children of Nico's important videopoetic work, Concrete:
Movies, released in 2005."
  —from the introduction by Geof Huth

  Jordan Stempleman: What's the Matter
  112 pages
  $10.00
  webpage: http://www.lulu.com/content/629216

  "Maximizing the tension of line breaks, making the most of each word's
nuances, Jordan Stempleman creates a stunning landscape of precision and
delicacy. There are gorgeous moments here, and they always "begin with the
actual condition"—this book constitutes a commitment to the beauty of the
world, and a new instance of it."
   — Cole Swensen

  "In this impressive, replete collection, Jordan Stempleman takes us
repeatedly to this place of contemplation, where only a few rare words are
necessary. We are invited to a course of thinking that locates intensity
without demanding it—for therein lies the fabled difference between an
exploratory and settled poetics, to open out and out again upon present
history. This is, quite simply, a wonderful book."
   — Paul Hoover

  harry k stammer: tents
  60 pages, including colour
  $15.00
  webpage: http://www.lulu.com/content/629289

  "Make no mistake about it: harry k. stammer is one of the boldest pioneers in
contemporary experimental poetry—and one of the most successful. His new work
tents is edgy but accessible; challenging but rewarding. stammer mixes a sort
of poetic cubism with wordplay, startling typography, and a wide array of other
adventurous techniques with creative intensity rarely witnessed. In this
singular text, the reader is confronted by a dizzying maelstrom of meaning and
image. Kaleidoscopic and impressionistic, this interpretation of our
postindustrial, postmodern society is a must for any serious reader of today's
poetry."
   –Philip Primeau , PERSISTENCIA* PRESS

  Vernon Frazer: BODIED TONE
  132 pages
  $10.00
  webpage: http://www.lulu.com/content/629262

  " BODIED TONE is terrific—the rhythmic vitality is just that, full of life,
but it is seductive too; one gets caught up in the percussive musicality of the
phrasing . It's a driving musicality—more bebop than balladry, for sure." — Lyn
Hejinian

  So why not splurge a little & be swept up by pleasure.

  Cheers
  Mark Young
  Editor, Otoliths

8:00? 8:25? 8:40?  Find a flick in no time