they own
you true ~
          ant egr
          noo palt

10:38 5/4/07 555 bytes

palt (n.) [OED Obs.]
     A blow, a stroke; = PELT n.2
a1522 G. DOUGLAS tr. Virgil Æneid (1960) XIII. ii. 15 With mony palt [1553 plat] scheddand thar purpour blude. 1625 S. PURCHAS Pilgrimes II. VI. vi. 887 Lifting vp the woodden weapon, he gaue him such a palt on the pate. 1630 Tincker of Turvey 7 Another gave me three palts on the head, my Scull was crack'd. 1681 N. LEE Lucius Junius Brutus 73 The Poets shall not stand, Like Shrove-tide Cocks, the Palt of every hand.

lifting up the woodden weapon The Poets shall not stand
the Palt of ev'ry hand

D^