From: Mark Stanton [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, 13 November 2003 5:44 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [WSG] html encryption tool

"Does anyone know how this would work? It encrypts the source code so you
can view it but it is encrypted."

It doesn't.

It makes it slightly harder to view source by "encrypting" (very much in
inverted commas) the data. However the entire "encryption" & decryption
mechanism is sent to the user as javascript so anyone with the time or
inclination could reverse engineer it.

This is either the stupidest concept I have ever see in my life or the one
of the best jokes around (they must be Irish (sorry Mark L)). Not only is it
completely pointless but it completely breaks any concept of accessibility &
standards compliance. Turn off javascript and you get a blank page......

Why anyone would want to encrypt html or css is beyond me + half their
listed "key benefits" are complete misrepresentations (lies).

dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb

Cheers

Mark

Mark Stanton