James Ellis wrote:

I suppose this can be divided into two parts :
* a client with a CRT that has a very low refresh rate (can't do much about that)

In which case, the CRT matter isn't really covered by the web parts of section 508 as it's beyond our abilities.

* an animated gif that cycles at 2 cycles per second (i.e one frame every half a second) would be pretty annoying. 55 cycles per second is the rate of a fluoro tube and there are some people who can see those flickering (very annoying).

But wouldn't 24fps also ruin this? Infact, does that mean that all those years of 30fps ani-gifs mean we really should've doubled our frame rate and completely bloated our filesizes?

I think I remember Kim worked at (or with) ABC, hopefully you're reading this Kim.

So it looks to me like 2-55 is a good range to stay out of unless you are doing a rave site.

And then you're pretty much excused from accessibility anyway because you can't anticipate which shade of tartan the user will see for #f00baa ;)

--
|Adam Carmichael, A+, 2xMCP (Windows 2000), Cert IV Helpdesk Admin |