Thanks Hugh! You're a star!

Lucian

On Feb 12, 2004, at 12:22 PM, Hugh Todd wrote:

Lucian,

The problem turned out to have a simple solution. (Sorry it's been so long since your post. I made a mess of my first attempt and let it stew for a little while I did some work.)

You were using a div called #content, and in IE5 Mac it was not clearing under the #navlist DIV. One solution would have been to set it to clear, but IE5 Mac has a bug which leads to the inheritance of the clear property, and that's a bit of a nightmare.

The result of not clearing was that the #content div was squashed to a width of 0 at the right of the body block. So the footer, which was enclosed by this DIV, was forced to the right, too, and sort of poked its head out to the right.

In the end I tried simply getting rid of the #content div, and bingo, it looks fine. (Well, it looks fine with some left and right margins applied to the leftcol text and the footer.)

Take a look at http://members.ozemail.com.au/~hughtodd/allegro/

-Hugh Todd

I just finished a XHTML / CSS redesign (http://allegro-ems.com/), and tested it out in several browsers. It seems to cut it for all except IE / Mac. The footer gets smashed against the right side. I've been trying to figure out why for the past few days. I'm out of my league here.