From: Ben Bishop [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Saturday, 14 February 2004 4:02 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [WSG] IE 5 position problems

Hi James,

Without my trusty toolkit handy, I can't answer why it is breaking, I
suspect it is probably a box-model issue as you say, but I do have a
suggestion that might fix the problems.

As you have a fixed-width layout, explicitly setting widths for both
columns and "float:left"ing the first column, changing
#containerProductUpdates to "float:right" instead of "margin-left:auto"
should make things simpler for the browser to nut out.

    #containerProductUpdates
        {
        float:right;
        /* margin-left:auto; */
        padding:0px;
        width:387px
        }

hth,
Ben

Only one week till the joint Web Standards Group / Macromedia User
Groups meeting at Star City and MXDU!
www.mxdu.com