Good question Peter!

Absolutely. The metadata is about the page not the site and should be unique
(at least the title and description) for every page. Depends on how much
metadata you use.

This leads to a really deep discussion about metadata that we may have at
some point, but in the mean time you may want to take a look at some of the
metadata on the pages within http://www.gt.nsw.gov.au/ and then the AGLS
Harvest Control List (HCL) at http://www.gt.nsw.gov.au/meta/ and the RDF
summary for the other files in the site at
http://www.gt.nsw.gov.au/meta/metadata.cfm

Everything in this site (apart from the images used in the site design) has
a fully compliant AGLS record that is generated in real time. If the client
adds or adjusts a page then the embedded data and the HCL (including it's
timestamp and version number (within that day)) are updated.

I'm really anal about metadata being as correct as possible and others
around me often think I go too far. Make it part of your workflow and it's
easy! Build it thoughtfully into your CMS and most of it writes itself.

Regards,

Peter