Scott Mebberson wrote:

I'm not sure about any font examples like the Visibone one, however, did you ever see this at Russ' website:
http://www.maxdesign.com.au/presentation/headings-as-images/index.cfm

I've yet to see an image replacement technique that worked for search engines, was cross-browser and didn't involve lots of messing around. I'd really much prefer to just style the h1 tags - background images can make them look pretty speccy. I will definitely check that article out, maybe I'm just lazy :)

I'm in the same boat as you. Our designers love to use image headings, but I hate it for a whole swag of reasons, mailing search engine placements which using images (usually) kills. Anyhow, I found it to be a great article. Hopefully it'll help you with this issue too. You may have to compromise!

Heh heh, I'm lucky that I don't have to compromise. if SEO is involved, they have to do what I say!
*evil chuckle*

thanks for the link!

K.