As a footnote to this thread I want to add that I did in fact stick to the light
and the way and the website was launched as XHTML/CSS. In my darkest hour of
frustration I did try and re-do the pages with HTML tables and found that it was
causing more troubles than it was worth. So, I persisted and found a way to get
the layout to behave in IE with divs. I won't bore you all with the whole story
but I found out what IE needed to render the page in it's own peculiarly flawed way.

If anyone wants to see the finished version check out:
http://www.books24x7.net.au - just don't view source on the New Releases page
(that was out of my control). If anyone wants to enter the free competition go
ahead as it's a great prize and there is a statistically good chance of winning.

Thanks to the folks on this list who tried their best to keep me on the straight
and narrow (especially "BHP" David).

Regards
PAUL ROSS
SkyRocket Design Co