Susan

Usability and accessibility are integral parts of many reputable upper level media programs, not just per se human factors. Dedicated human factors programs branch from psychology as ergonomics or computer science as interface building. Here at the University at Buffalo most dedicated degree programs, focusing on web design and experimental media development, are offered interdisciplinary through the art and media studies departments in conjunction with the colleges of arts & sciences.

A good example of how human factors has intertwined with usability, accessibility, and media studies can be found at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)'s Media Lab. It is a central interdisciplinary hub for related technologies on and off campus.

Leo