From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Kay Smoljak
Sent: Wednesday, March 31, 2004 7:53 AM
To: Web Standards Group
Subject: [WSG] hiring a standards-savvy designer

Hi guys,

At work, we're about to hire a new graphic designer, as our guys are
flat out. We're looking for someone with some markup skills as well as
visual design, and as I'm the nominated "standards nazi" I'm charged
with making sure their html and css is up to scratch.

As this is primarily a graphic design position, I'm not expecting any of

the applicants to be too savvy about web standards already. But I'm
hoping to find someone who doesn't consider Fireworks Web export a good
way to create sites, and who won't be too hard to bring around to our
way of doing things.

So what am I actually asking? I'm interested in what you guys consider
reasonable to expect from a graphic designer who also does some
"overflow" html. What would you be looking for? What would you ask in
the interview?

Thanks for any ideas,
K.

--