I'm new to the list and wanted to contribute this link on footers from A List Apart that might help:
http://www.alistapart.com/articles/footers/

it uses Javascript and CSS.

later,

Z u l e m a O r t i z
W e b D e s i g n e r
email : [EMAIL PROTECTED]
website : http://zoblue.com/

Sam Walker wrote:

I'm not sure exactly ho the explain this, but I'll give it a shot.

I'm making some good progress on my first real standards-compliant css and xhtml page. On one of the pages, I would like the page to flow "up" instead of "down". For example, in a normal page, if you just had one paragraph, it would display as close to the top of the page as the style-sheet allows. All other elements flow downwards from the top. What I want it to do is flow from the bottom – so, if I just had that one paragraph, it would be displayed at the /Bottom/ of the page. Then all elements after it would push it upwards, so everything would still be in the same order, just anchored to the bottom rather than the top.

Surely there's a way to do this with CSS? I've looked around a bit, but can't find anything relevant.

-Sam Walker