Hi SomeNewKid,
You could look through Ian Hickson's site [1] for browser tests, but without
a lot of pain you could do a simple test yourself.

1. Make an HTML page with full and correct doctype so you can be sure IE6
will render in standards complaint mode (if you do it in XHTML remember to
take off the prolog).
2. Put a 100px div on the page with 50px padding and 50px border. Any
measurements will do, this is just an example.
3. When testing the page, IE5 and 5.5 will render the div in an entirely
different way (narrower) to IE6 due to their incorrect handling of the box
model. More on this here [2].

Russ

[1] http://ln.hixie.ch/
[2] http://css.maxdesign.com.au/listamatic/about-boxmodel.htm