Hi all,

The goal in adhering to web standards isn't to "pass the validator", it's to
write valid code. The validator is just a tool to help achieve this. Fudging
to fool the validator is just cheating on a test.

If it's not in the spec it shouldn't be on the page, whether it's hard coded
or dynamically written by in by the client using JavaScript.