Hi Russ,
At your recommendation i made my layout simple.
It now works in ie4 and up. Thank you very much.
However the image in the div "mast" dosnt show up in netscape, can you tell me why?
I've encluded most of the style sheet in this email.
Nearly there.
-Kevin

BODY {
marging: 0 0;
        background: #f4f2ea url(rightback.jpg)  repeat-x top left;
        font-family: verdana, geneva, arial;
        text-decoration:none;
        font-size:90%;
        height: 433px;
        text-align:left;

p {
width: 300px;
background-color: #e8e8e8;
text-align: left;
font-family: verdana, geneva, arial;
font-size:90%;
color: #000000;
line-height: 1.3em;}

#mast { position: absolute; margin: 0; left: 5%; top: 0px; width: 630px; height: 400; background: url(id.jpg) no-repeat top left; background-color: #cfd8e0; }

#left {
position: absolute;
top: 0px;
left: 0px;
width: 6%;
height: 500;
background: url(leftback.jpg) repeat-x top left;
}