Hi,

today I'm thinking about the future of iframes.

Everybody knows, that iframes are deprecated in XHTML 1.0 Strict and thus no more part
in future XHTML releases.

I tried to use the object tag instead of an iframe:

<object data="iLinks.html" type="text/html">
href="iLinks.html">Links</a></p>
</object>

It really works fine in Firefox, but not in IE 5+ (Windows). IE is always showing a
border around the object tag. I can't hide the border via CSS even not with the
deprecated attribute border="0".

Does someone have a solution or workaround for this problem?

Thanks!

Marco Della Pina

virtual identity AG
Gruenwaelderstraße 10-14