Peter Ottery wrote:

so you know how there's that new way to clear floats...
http://www.positioniseverything.net/easyclearing.html
just wondering how everyone is gauging that method?
I mean, the "hack" used up until now of adding a <div style="clear:both"></div> (or similar) to properly clear floats when needed is pretty straightforward, albeit a bit of code that always felt unnecessary...
But this new method has the javascript requirement to fix mac ie5 and uses the "holly hack" anyway. to me, at least initially, it feels like a bit of a "rabbit warren" style of fix, meaning it seems more convoluted than the problem its solving...

I don't use it because of this javascript hack. An extra '<div>' is less code and better readable than a '<script>' block for me. I prefer extra markup rather than extra scripts. If I wouldn't need to support IE5 on OS9 I would give this new method a try.

Tonico

--
Tonico Strasser ?:-)
http://Tonico.FreeZope.org