From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Chris Stratford
Sent: Monday, 7 June 2004 4:23 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [WSG] Help with IE 6

They are right - you dont need width: 100%

the only adverse effect that will have - now you wont see the HOVER Effect unless you hover over the TEXT and not the BOX
in IE ONLY...

Most other browsers this will work still...

NOTE:
Im only fairly sure what I said is true.
I have been in similar situations, and the width: 100% was the same issue.
And removing it - caused what I described above to happen...
:)

Cheers

Chris Stratford

Ryan Christie wrote:
Amit Karmakar wrote:

The site: http://www.maysvillerotary.org
CSS: http://www.maysvillerotary.org/assets/styles/maysvillerotary.css

It's pretty late over here, and I only brushed over the stuff but

#navcontainer
{
float: left;
width: 199px;
border-right: 1px solid #B4D3DC;
padding: 0 0 1em 0;
margin-bottom: 1em;
font-family: Verdana, Lucida, Geneva, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;
/*background-color: #99CCCC;*/
background: #C7E4E6;
color: #333;
}

I think your problem has a bit to do with the box model manhandling of IE6's engine. When you're using
specified witdths in your CSS, be careful about also specifying the padding -- it'll break lots of stuff
in IE. Can get around with Tantek's V-F hack (http://www.tantek.com/CSS/Examples/boxmodelhack.html) or
just avoid using width+padding in block elements.

under #navigation li a, I don't think you should need a width:100% .. li will fill up the space they reside
in horizontally unless limited by a max-width/width.