Phillips, Wendy wrote:

The page that opens in the new window has a number of anchor links - this is just one of them. I've tried changing to different anchors and the same problem occurs, unless it is the last anchor on the page and there is no where else for the window to shift to. I can only presume it's something to do with the window refreshing itself when it is resized?

Yep. More to the point, the page does NOT refresh when the window is resized. Why? Because there is no link between the state of the page and the state of the browser window. So you'll have to create one

Since you're already using JS, you can probably figure something out
with that. Now I'm no JS-head, but I reckon something like this might do
the trick :

Stuffed if I know how standards-compliant that is, though (seeing as I
avoid JS like the plague!)

Good luck!
Lachlan