Lachlan Hardy spoke the following wise words on 28/06/2004 1:53 PM EST:
So the benefit is one of speed? Or segregation - keeping the clean code from the dirty nasty hacks?

CSS hacks are only a technical workaround and provide little meaning to the CSS when viewed by somebody other than the author.

For some projects I separate layout, colours, fonts and hacks into their own CSS files. This is usually because I'm writing the CSS for somebody else to understand and maintain.

For my personal website I wouldn't want to separate all those facets. I'm happy with a single stylesheet containing everything as it's easier for *me* to maintain.

There is no cardinal rule -- simply deliver the solution that is best for your client.

-- tim lucas

http://www.toolmantim.com