For anyone following this thread I've found a list here (nothing suitable so far though):

http://www.bris.ac.uk/is/projects/cms/ttw/ttw.html

Sarah

Hi Sarah

You could try this project at Mozdev.org - it's cross browser/platform (Mac, Linux, Win32 - anything that runs Mozilla).

http://mozile.mozdev.org/

I had a go at it a few months ago, not sure how it would integrate with a data store. Probably just a matter of POSTing content to a server side script.

Mozdev also provides a list in the Editing Tools category:
http://www.mozdev.org/categories/editing.html

cuneaform is quite interesting from the looks of it.

If you are running something on a client machine then PHP will not work (it's a server side script) unless you have the PHP interpeter installed somehow in your browser (http://mozphp.mozdev.org/, http://www.thomas-schilz.de/MozPHP/) :D.

HTH

Cheers
James

Sarah Peeke (XERT) wrote:
Hi all

Can anyone recommend a browser based editor (preferably written in PHP) that will allow clients to update code themselves, but that outputs standards compliant XHTML?

I am not interested in a full CMS, this is just for updating page snippets etc.

I have come across WYSIWYG Pro which looks good.

Thanks
Sarah

Proud presenters of Web Essentials 04 http://we04.com/
Web standards, accessibility, inspiration, knowledge
To be held in Sydney, September 30 and October 1, 2004

XERT Communications
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
phone: +61 2 4782 3104
mobile: 0438 017 416