hi Daniela,

I use some JavaScript for a scroll inside the page that only works in
Microsoft IE. How kan I check my sites about how far they (don't!)
meet these standards, and does anyone know a browser-compatible
solution for such a scroll?
you can use "overflow:auto;" on a div which results in scroll bars being
added as soon as the contained text/content gets too long.

you can check your site here: http://validator.w3.org/, the validation service of the World Wide Web Consortium. it checks for standards-comliance.

the proprietary scroll bar stuff one of the other posters mentioned is
colouring the scroll bars themselves, i believe, not "overflow:;".

hope that helps,

- Thorsten

Proud presenters of Web Essentials 04 http://we04.com/
Web standards, accessibility, inspiration, knowledge
To be held in Sydney, September 30 and October 1, 2004