On Fri, 3 Sep 2004 19:43:36 +1000, Hugh Todd <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > If you're based in Oz however you'd be a fool to miss it.
>
> Why, though? The calibre of the people looks fantastic, but would it be
> worth spending $750 to see them?

I really, really, really, REALLY wish I could go, but making the trip
across the Nullabor is just not possible this year (moving into our
new house in three weeks time).

The calibre of speakers looks great, and from my experiences attending
MXDU these past two years, a major part of attending conferences like
these is the social and networking aspect. Where else will you get to
hang out with html geeks, standards nazis and css heads? You can learn
stuff just by osmosis.

Yet another reason to support conferences like these is to encourage
the industry to hold more.

Damn, I *so* wish I could go!

K.

--
Kay Smoljak
http://kay.smoljak.com/

Proud presenters of Web Essentials 04 http://we04.com/
 Web standards, accessibility, inspiration, knowledge
To be held in Sydney, September 30 and October 1, 2004