On Sat, 04 Sep 2004 14:16:26 +0100, Patrick H. Lauke
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> You just realised it, but this has been a huge part of the whole image
> replacement discussion from the beginning.
> http://www.google.com/search?q=accessibility+image+replacement+css
> No, there's no way to test if images are turned off.

If I read it correctly Peter-Paul Koch's DOM-based "FIR" does:
<http://www.quirksmode.org/dom/fir.html>

Neat -- loads a test image into the DOM and only does the
image-replacement once that's loaded. Dunno if the assumption about
screen readers not loading images is correct, though...

James

Proud presenters of Web Essentials 04 http://we04.com/
 Web standards, accessibility, inspiration, knowledge
To be held in Sydney, September 30 and October 1, 2004